Monday, December 10, 2012

Finals Week

Finals week is always, it seems, the most stressful time of the year for pretty much anyone...unless they don't have school. If I don't do wel on my finals, my grades will drop, I'll fail out of school, I'll never find a job...or love...or happiness...and so we go down the slippery slope. Let's be honest with ourselves, though. What will actually happen if I don't do well on my finals?


  • The world will still turn
  • I will continue to breathe
  • I will still be capable of loving
  • God and my mother will still love me.
  • I will most likely not starve to death
  • I will still have my good friendships and important relationships


The list could continue for pages. The point is, is it really a life or death issue if we don't "do well" on our tests. Our Lord tells us in the Gospel of Matthew: "Do not worry and say, 'What are we to eat?' or 'What are we to drink?' or 'What are we to wear?' All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek First the Kingdom of God and his righteousness -- and all these things will be given you besides."

As we near Christmas, preparing our hearts to seek the Lord, let us recall what is most important to us? At the end of our life, are we going to regret not getting an A on that final I took fifty years ago? Probably not. Will we regret not spending as much time with those whom we love as possible? Probably. Let's remember what our lives are really about. Love. Love of God and love of our neighbor.

DON'T WORRY!!!!!!!

1 comment: